GMB members can apply for a member loan at any time there is no need to save before you borrow, although we will ask you to save a minimum of £5.00 pm during the period of your loan. To date GMB members have borrowed over £60 million and we regularly review our loan rates to ensure that we remain very competitive. We aim to save our members money and reward member loyalty through competitive interest rates. We have no loan fees or early repayment charges and interest is charged on the reducing outstanding loan balance. Established credit union account holders can obtain fast decisions with minimal paperwork on subsequent loan requests through our Top Up loan service.
Handy Loans typical 26.8% APR
- Borrow from £100 to £2,000
- A cost effective short term borrowing facility
- Ideal for financing those unexpected household expenses
- An affordable alternative to a payday loan
Member Loans from as low as 3.5% APR
- Borrow £100 to £15,000
- Very competitive loan rates
- Repayment up to five years, seven years in certain circumstances
- Ideal for holidays, cars, home improvement, debt consolidation
- Our price promise means 'We'll beat' any like for like offer made by another loan provider, contact us for more details
- Members can apply for an upfront two month repayment break - *Terms & Conditions apply.
Save Secure Loan typical 3.0% APR
- Borrow £5,000 to £15,000
- Fully secured by members savings
- No credit reference checks required. Market leading interest rates
- Existing and new GMB members can apply immediately
Save & Borrow Loan typical 42.6% APR
- Borrow £100 to £1,500
- Assist members with poor credit history to help rebuild their credit rating
- Assist members in accessing future credit union borrowing
- Support members in improving their approach to borrowing
Top Up Loans
- Additional borrowing when you top up your existing GMB Credit Union loan
- Instant decisions are available on top up loans
All Loan applications are considered on an individual basis and interest rates will depend on individual circumstances and the loan amount requested.
- Loans are assessed on a member's ability to repay.
- We may request additional supporting information and search and share credit information with credit reference agencies.
- Members must hold or open a Credit Union member savings account and save an agreed amount; minimum £5.00pm; while repaying their loans.